PRP Treatment Against Hair Loss
The main concern for almost all men and women these days is the loss of their hair. Whether it is because of a medical condition, inherited, due to stress or bad hair care. Various new techniques have emerged which can combat the condition with more ease. Platelet Rich Plasma or PRP is showing impressive results in reversing hair loss. It is possible to use PRP treatment therapy alone to promote hair growth or it can also be used in combination with hair transplant or restoration surgery. PRP Hair Restoration is appropriate for both men and women. It is a state of the art, non-surgical, totally natural, alternative medical procedure used for the treatment of hair loss and/or hair thinning. It is an injectable treatment which uses the patient’s own blood. The PRP or highly concentrated Platelet Rich Plasma, including essential growth proteins, is injected into the scalp or areas to be treated using a special micro needle. Platelet rich plasma (PRP) is concentrated blood plasma that contains approximately three to five times the number of platelets found in normal circulating blood. It also contains many growth factors that stimulate the hair follicle’s growth. It contains platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF), vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF), transforming growth factor (TGF) and other bioactive proteins that aid in hair growth. PRP treatment can be used pre-operatively, intra- operatively or post operatively. Though PRP treatment yields great results for people suffering from hair loss, it’s not for everyone. People who have lost all hair cannot undergo this treatment. It does not help grow new hair on a bald patch. It can only make the existing thinning hair thicker by strengthening the hair follicles.
Our hair is getting old too!
Aging is a process that affects all our body cells. Such as skin, bones, muscle our hair is getting old too; vascularization getting worse, keratin structure of hair getting weak.. In the end we can lose hair. But it is possible to stop this with PRP
Does PRP Work?
Singular results differ with each patient. No guarantees of realization can be made but PRP preliminary studies indicate patients can respond to PRP therapy. Some hair restoration surgeons apply PRP to the scalp for those patients who are not surgical candidates every three (3) to four (4) months. Other protocols will use PRP before or during surgery to insure graft survivability. PRP is a potential emerging non-surgical based therapy for natural hair follicle stimulation for thinning hair. Larger clinical studies are pending but the current medical literature contains numerous optimistic results. Although a few controlled studies exist, anecdotal and case reports are the primary sources reflecting success with PRP therapy. The Istanbul Hair Institute is the most popular destination for PRP in Turkey and has performed over 800 PRP treatments. PRP is a simple and safe process that is suitable and effective for both men and women in the early stages of hair loss. Our specialist PRP team performs the treatments and visible results can be seen in 6 months. PRP can be helpful in:
- Slowing the rate of hair loss
- Regrowing thinning hair to be thicker and fuller
- Boosting the health and condition of the scalp
- Stimulating collagen levels
- Preparing the scalp for hair transplantation & post hair transplantation
PRP in İstanbul Hair Institute
At Istanbul Hair Institute PRP applied by 3 combined different methods:
Applying PRP by this method, you can start to see results after 1 session!
- Fisrt we applied anesthetic cream and wait 20 minutes. For this way our patient feel minimum pain during the PRP application.
- We draw blood (total 20 ml) from patient via special kit and centrifuged.
- Dr. Handan Yavuz, applies PRP with dermapen. It takes 15-20 minutes.
- After dermapen, PRP injected with needles that are proper for patients skin (needles must be right diameter and length for each patient). This step takes 15-20 minutes.
- Last step is electroporation application. Electroporation application; ensures the absorption of the entire PRP product in the scalp. And also it accelerates the transition of hair to growth phase. This application takes 10 minutes.